Our Corporate and M&A team has great experience in representing our clients in domestic and cross-border mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures. We are proud to offer pragmatic, tailor made, solutions-oriented advice and focused execution throughout each project.
We deliver a high level of partner attention and smooth collaboration with related practice areas, including tax, finance and accounting, among others.
We provide legal assistance through the entire life cycle of companies, from the establishment of legal entities to the close down or reorganization and provide day-to-day legal advice to companies and shareholders. We can also serve as company secretary.
- establishment and incorporation of companies, assisting in finding the best corporate form, management structure
- advice on the potential liability of shareholders and members of the executive bodies
- shareholders’ meeting – preparation, support, registration of changes, changes to the constitutional documents
- domestic and cross-border mergers, spin-offs, transformation into another company form
- thin capitalization issues
- intercompany agreements, management agreements, allocation agreements for groups of affiliated companies
- reorganization, voluntary dissolution procedures
Our clients include domestic companies and international joint ventures, as well as groups of affiliated companies.
We provide legal advice to different sectors in the energy industry, such as oil, gas, electric energy, green energy sectors, to large and small companies, foreign or domestic owned entities, to state owned companies.
- regulatory and governance matters
- licensing procedures
- representation at authorities
- acquisitions and sale transactions,
Our lawyers have significant experience not only in drafting various labour law related documentation but also in negotiation, and dispute resolution including management of mass redundancy procedures or individual dismissals. Our clients represent various industries and sectors of the economy.
- employment agreements (fixed term, indefinite term, manager contracts) and labour law related documentation,
- labour relations and collective agreements,
- negotiations and administration,
- workers’ compensation, health and safety issues, workplace accidents,
- discrimination, harassment,
- Policies and Code of Conducts,
- whistleblowing hotline,
- intercompany placement structures including cross border arrangements
- regulatory matters such as employment permits and visa,
- employee privacy issues and data protection.
The expertise of our Real Estate team’s lawyers – having over a decade of experience in property law – ensures that our clients are provided with high service quality and innovative solutions. We have advised commercial and industrial real estate owners and developers. Real estate deals are among our most complex transactions. The mixture of regulatory operational and financial issues is different for each project.
Our lawyers have given advice on many types of property related matters.
- property investment projects including acquisition and development of office buildings, industrial and commercial buildings
- green field projects,
- construction and operational agreements
- day-to-day support for mall chain owners and operators regarding rental, maintenance and insurance matters
- title issues and easement rights
- agricultural land issues,
- real estates in joint ownership
We provide advice on a diverse range of finance issues. We assist companies to arrange finance for development, and also for acquisitions. We also advise on restructuring of existing finance on capital market transactions and on seed capital finance. Our client base includes not only borrowers and issuers but also financial institutions.
- lending and security structures, registration of securities
- capital market transactions – bond and share issues,
- treasury products – pooling systems, netting arrangements
- refinancing transactions
- financing of acquisitions and seed capital
- legal testing of new products for financial institution
- advise on cross-border financial activities
Our first priority is to attempt to resolve matters without the necessity of litigation, however, when adequate settlement cannot be accomplished through mediation then our lawyers are ready and prepared to provide quality representation to our client in the course of a litigation procedure.
- normal court procedures
- court of arbitration procedures
- alternative dispute resolutions
- One of our partners served as president of an ad-hoc arbitration tribunal.
Data protection is a field which requires an increasing amount of attention from all types of companies. The regulations are becoming continuously more complex, data protection issues arise not only during transactions (sale of business) but during the day-today life of the companies as well (data collection issues, whistleblowing hotlines).
- data collection
- data transfer
- data usage
- registration with the data protection authority
We also provide legal advice relating to the protection, maintenance, exploitation and enforcement of intellectual property rights, including trademarks, designs, copyright, know-how, patents, confidential information and trade secrets.
- ownership issues,
- transfer of ownership,
- international and domestic trademark searches and registrations,
- IP aspects of corporate transactions
- exploitation of IP rights via licensing agreements, royalty arrangements
- enforcement of IP rights via litigation, arbitration or alternative dispute resolution
- joint development agreements
- research and development agreements
Commercial law is a critical area of practice with significant relevance to many areas of business. It covers all of the legal fields that are linked with commercial transactions.
- sale and purchase agreements,
- general terms,
- sales promotions, consumer protection